The 11th Canada Army Run takes over the streets of Ottawa and Gatineau this weekend.
Organizers say 20,000 runners have registered for the races, which includes the 5K, 10K, half marathon. Runners are also taking part in the Ortona Challenge and Commander’s Challenge.
Runners can pick-up the race kit at Ottawa City Hall on Friday and Saturday.
There are also a number of road closures in Ottawa and Gatineau on Sunday for the races.
The City of Ottawa issued a list of road closures beginning at 7:20 a.m. on Sunday.
- Elgin Street between Laurier Avenue West and Wellington Street
- Wellington Street between Elgin Street and Booth Street
- Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway between Booth Street and Remic Rapids Park
- St. Patrick Street between the Alexandra Bridge and Sussex Drive
- Sussex Drive between Colonel By Drive and the Rideau Hall walking path
- Princess Avenue between the Rideau Hall walking path and Lisgar Road
- Lisgar Road between Princess Avenue and Dufferin Road
- Dufferin Road between Lisgar Road and MacKay Street
- MacKay Street between Dufferin Road and Sussex Drive
- Colonel By Drive between Rideau Street and the Pretoria Bridge
- Pretoria Bridge between Colonel By Drive and Queen Elizabeth Drive
- Queen Elizabeth Drive between the Pretoria Bridge and the Cartier Square Drill Hall
Heads up to anyone headed downtown on Sunday! There will be #OttTraffic impacts on Sunday for the @CanadaArmyRun. Take note of the affected roads, give yourself extra travel time and plan your routes accordingly. https://t.co/6VRobZn621 #OttTraffic pic.twitter.com/pRsuwXvJ3K
— City of Ottawa (@ottawacity) September 20, 2018
— Ville de Gatineau (@ville_gatineau) September 20, 2018
#worldnews #canadiannews #Canada #Headlinenews #news #BreakingNews
USA Today News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/usatoday-NewsTopStories” limit=”20″]
USA News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_us.rss” limit=”20″]
ABC NEWS Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://feeds.abcnews.com/abcnews/usheadlines” limit=”20″]