North and South Korea say they’re aiming to declare peace and bring a formal end to the Korean War. Plus, a new study is highlighting how a short treatment works at combating hard-to-treat depression.
And CTV News contributor Richard Crouse recommends the films you should check out at the theatre this weekend.
1. End to war: North and South Korea are committing to bringing a formal end to the Korean War this year – after a historic summit between the two countries in South Korea.
2. Gender on the agenda: Philanthropist Belinda Gates is commending Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for being the first world leader to use the G7 presidency to promote gender equality as a priority.
3. Skipping for NAFTA: Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland is skipping a NATO meeting in Brussels to stay in Washington as NAFTA talks intensify.
4. Reducing depression: A new study says that a three-minute treatment involving magnetic stimulation of the brain works just as well as the standard form of therapy for people with hard-to-treat depression.
5. Art to tattoos: A growing number of parents are getting tattoos of their children’s artwork as a way to honour their children.
And one more thing… In ‘Avengers: Infinity War,’ dazzling action scenes are the main event. But, as film critic Richard Crouse writes, the story is elevated by higher-than-ever stakes.
#worldnews #canadiannews #Canada #Headlinenews #news #BreakingNews
USA Today News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/usatoday-NewsTopStories” limit=”20″]
USA News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_us.rss” limit=”20″]
ABC NEWS Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://feeds.abcnews.com/abcnews/usheadlines” limit=”20″]